SACAU September 2016 Newsletter just released
The September edition of the SACAU newsletter is now available on line. This month, the newsletter contains focus on key issues including:
- SACAU’s participation in the sixth African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) which was held from 5th to 9th September 2016 in Nairobi, Kenya;
- The Regional meeting organised by the ACP-EU Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA), in partnership with SACAU and other stakeholders to launch a project that seeks to promote climate resilient cereal and livestock farming in southern Africa;
- Updates from the implementation of the a project implemented under SFOAP by the Coalition Paysanne de Madagascar (CPM) , providing assistance to farmers in the Bungolava region to get organised into cooperatives;
- The 2016 annual Southern African Cotton Producers Association (SACPA) meeting convened in Maputo, Mozambique from 12th to 14th September 2016;
- The signature on 21 September by leaders of African farmers’ organisations of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with AgriCord and CTA on Strategic partnership supporting capacity development of African farmers’ organisations through improved policies, technologies and capabilities. Under the MoU, CTA and AgriCord will support PAFO, its five regional members and their national members in collecting and using data on precision agriculture so-called ‘smart farming;
- SACAU’s Agropreneurship training for women held in Johannesburg and attended by women farmers from SACAU member countries.
Please read the newsletter here!
Document type: Multimedia
Thematic Areas: Access to Services, Capacity Building, Gender, Knowledge Management, Markets and Value chains, Monitoring and Evaluation, Natural resources, Policy Dialogue
Region: South Africa
Year of Publication: 2016